Rocky Mountain Institute is a 501(c)(3)/509(a)(1) public charity with thousands of loyal supporters. Our financial staff manages an annual budget that has steadily grown to more than $18 million, supporting approximately 100 employees (including interns and fellows).
Download the 2014-2015 Annual Report for complete details.
Download RMI's IRS Form 990's from the last 7 years.
2014 IRS Form 990 (Fiscal year 2015) (PDF~1.9MB)
2013 IRS Form 990 (Fiscal Year 2014) (PDF ~422kb)
2012 IRS Form 990 (Fiscal year 2013) (PDF-0.5MB)
2011 IRS Form 990 (Fiscal year 2012) (PDF-0.5MB)
2010 IRS Form 990 (Fiscal Year 2011) (PDF-3.4MB)
2009 IRS Form 990 (Fiscal Year 2010) (PDF-2.1MB)
2008 IRS Form 990 (Fiscal Year 2009) (PDF-4.5MB)
2007 IRS Form 990 (Fiscal Year 2008) (PDF-3.7MB)
2006 IRS Form 990 (Fiscal Year 2007) (PDF-4.7MB)
RMI CONFLICT OF INTEREST POLICY
Please see our Conflict of Interest policy here.
PROCEDURES FOR PROCURING GOODS AND/OR SERVICES FOR GRANT-FUNDED PROJECTS
Rocky Mountain Institute and Carbon War Room often participate in projects or operations (referred to generically here as “projects”) where goods and/or services are procured by an entity, governmental or otherwise, that similarly engages us. In some cases, a project requires us to procure goods and/or services directly from third parties. In connection with the procurement of these goods and/or services, Rocky Mountain Institute and Carbon War Room have established procedures intended to promote transparency, ensure fair competition, and increase the effectiveness of goods and services procured, all to ensure that funds granted for any specific project are used appropriately and efficiently. A copy of our Procurement Procedures is available here. The Procurement Procedures may be updated from time to time.
For each project where the procurement of goods or services will be required, a general procurement notice for the project will be shown below (or on a publicly-accessible website established for the purposes of administering the project), in advance of any procurement. The purpose of this notice is to make aware any interested eligible vendors, consultants, and bidders who wish to be included on the mailing list to receive Requests for Proposals, Invitations to Bid, and Requests for Quotations and Qualifications to be supported under the project or those requiring additional information about the project.
Current Grant-Funded Projects Where Goods and/or Services are Being Procured
1) Project & Financial Management Software Evaluation and Recommendation. General Procurement Notice can be accessed here.
- This Request for Quote (RFQ) is limited to software evaluation and recommendation. Software evaluation and recommendation services will be provided to RMI to include identification of at least three options for automating our project management process and at least three options for automating our financial management process.
2) Shine community solar. General procurement notice can be accessed here:
- RMI is requesting proposals to design, build, own, and operate about 16MWs of community-scale solar in Rochester, NY, with a mix of potential municipal and residential customers.
- RMI has publicly issued a press release to notify industry participants as to this market opportunity: http://www.prweb.com/releases/2016/08/prweb13597525.htm
3) Ten Island Challenge. General Procurement Notice can be accessed here: http://carbonwarroom.com/content/smart-island-economies#open-rfps
- The Ten Island Challenge will require the consulting services, goods and related services of firms, consultants and suppliers that have proven experience in all the disciplines of renewable energy (i.e. wind, solar, hydro, geothermal, waste-to-energy, etc.).
- Procurement of contracts funded by and through Rocky Mountain Institute and/or Carbon War Room will be conducted through internationally accepted standards and procedures such as those issued by the International Organization for Standardization.
- Specific procurement notices for Request for Proposals and Invitation to Bids and other bidding documents issued under the auspices of Rocky Mountain Institute and/or Carbon War Room for contracts for consultancy services and goods will be announced, as they become available, on our website and other advertising mediums.
4) Events Services: Request for Proposal can be accessed here:
- RMI convenes approximately 6 large events (100-300 people) and 12 more medium events (20-50 people) annually across its programs.
- RMI is seeking event services for three of our events, with work required starting as soon as possible and extending through May 15, 2017.
- Event management services should support RMI’s mission and stay true to the RMI ethos. The contract will be contingent upon delivery of deliverables in the project scope.
- The contract shall be evaluated in May 2017 and is eligible for renewal through May 2018 for additional major events.
- Proposals must be submitted by November 16, 2016. Applicants will be notified of selection by November 23, 2016.