Innovation Summit Post Report
In March of 2011, Rocky Mountain Institute (RMI) convened an invited group of key stakeholders within the building energy modeling community to increase collaboration and develop implementation plans to address key barriers.
This summit report:
- Briefly describes the motivation for convening the Building Energy Modeling (BEM) Innovation Summit,
- Provides a recap of the group events and discussions from the summit,
- Provides a detailed summary from each breakout group, and
- Presents implementation plans for some key action items and projects that came out of each breakout group’s work over the 2-day Summit.
DOWNLOAD BEM INNOVATION POST REPORT
Post Summit Pre-Proposals
Additionally, RMI wrote nine “Pre-Proposals” after the summit, as an attempt to further flesh out the implementation items identified by the breakout groups. The “Pre-Proposals” were developed solely by RMI and do not represent the consensus of all summit attendees. RMI intends for these Pre-Proposals to be a starting point for anyone pursuing funding for these efforts and anticipates that the group that is championing each effort will edit these as needed.
As you read this report, think about how you and your organization would like to be involved. Please visit this online form to indicate your interest in either funding or contributing to one of the following efforts.
DOWNLOAD BEM INNOVATION SUMMIT PRE-PROPOSALS
BEM Innovation Summit Pre-Read Report
This document was written as preparatory material for all Building Energy Modeling (BEM) Innovation Summit attendees prior to the actual event. The purpose of this document was to provide all attendees with an understanding of the history and current state of the energy modeling industry within the United States.
Specifically, this Pre-Read document:
- Begins to identify a vision for the future of energy modeling and identify gaps between that vision and the current state;
- Identifies gaps and barriers within the energy modeling sector to support the development of the agenda for the summit; and
- Saved time at the summit by getting everyone on the same page in terms of background knowledge and serving as an information source during the breakout groups.
DOWNLOAD BEM INNOVATION SUMMIT PRE-READ REPORT