Download the Brochure
Renewable electricity from large-scale, off-site projects has become an attractive option for large companies. Leading corporations have taken advantage of this opportunity by signing deals, but to date, only about half a dozen companies have joined the “off-site renewables club.” If the number of companies signing off-site transactions accelerates rapidly, corporations have the potential to rapidly double the installed capacity of utility-scale wind and solar in the U.S.
Obstacles for Companies
There are two main reasons for the slower-than-expected pace of corporate adoption of off-site renewable energy:
- Companies are not aware of the potential benefits.
- Off-scale transactions are complex, causing most attempts to fail.
The Business Renewables Center: A Guiding Organization
The Business Renewables Center (BRC) will help overcome obstacles by acting as a guiding organization for companies. The BRC will offer members three types of services:
- Guidance on strategy, contracts, and getting internal approval
- Guidance on the decision to hire expert consultants
Connections and access to experts
- Define transactional standards to reduce cost, risk, complexity, and deal failure rates
- Explore and crack open new market opportunities
Learn more about becoming a founding member
September 30: EPA Green Power Partnership webinar “Streamlining Off-site Corporate Renewables Transactions” Download presentation
November 3: BRC Kickoff event in New York City (invitation only)