eLab Accelerator: A Bootcamp for Electricity Innovation
In Spring 2014, the Electricity Innovation Lab (eLab) assembled leading projects from around the country for a high-impact meeting to support and advance innovative work at the distribution edge of the electricity system. Multi-stakeholder teams joined Rocky Mountain Institute, eLab expert faculty, and other project teams to collaboratively advance their work.
The next eLab Accelerator will be held in March 2015. The invitation-only, four-day meeting will accelerate high-potential projects by providing teams a structured working session to make real progress on their unique initiative. More information about the 2015 Accelerator is available on the Event Details page.
Why Attend eLab Accelerator?
Accelerator is a working session, not a conference. RMI staff and eLab faculty provide customized content training and tailored feedback to each team’s unique project and challenges. Specifically, Accelerator gives teams:
- A structured working session to make progress on their project or initiative
- A rich learning experience featuring experts on the latest thinking around new utility business models and distributed resources in the U.S. electricity sector
- Tools and training to conceptualize problems in collaborative and innovative ways
- A break from typical workplaces and meeting spaces, creating an environment conducive to creativity and breakthrough ideas
- Opportunities to build new alliances and a broader support network with other teams working on similar projects
Who should attend?
Project teams comprise 4–6 people from different organizations working together on a common problem or towards a common goal. Teams should be oriented around one of three themes:
- New Business Models: New utility business models, pricing structures, and regulatory reform to create new rules for adoption of distributed energy resources (DERs)
- Energy Innovation Districts: Demonstration projects, microgrids, downtown clean energy zones, and other local projects to integrate DER solutions
- New Customer Solutions: Customer engagement programs, innovative financing, strategies for low-income populations, or other initiatives to drive clean energy adoption by customers
For examples of past eLab Accelerator teams, see the 2014 Accelerator teams pages.