eLab Accelerator: A Bootcamp for Electricity Innovation
In 2016, Rocky Mountain Institute (RMI) will convene the third annual Electricity Innovation Lab (eLab) Accelerator event. This invitation-only, four-day working meeting will accelerate high-impact projects from teams innovating at the electricity system’s distribution edge. Accelerator will immerse teams in e-Lab’s collaborative approaches and subject-matter expertise that is delivering transformative change across North America, providing teams a structured session to make real progress on their initiatives.
Detailed Accelerator 2016 information including location, agenda, cost, and the application process will be available soon on the Event Details page.
Why Attend eLab Accelerator?
At eLab Accelerator, RMI staff, Reos Partners, and eLab faculty will provide customized content, training, and tailored feedback to each team’s unique project. Specifically, Accelerator will give teams:
- A structured working session to make progress on their project or initiative
- A rich learning experience featuring experts on the latest thinking around new utility business models and distributed resources in the U.S. electricity sector
- Tools and training to conceptualize problems in collaborative and innovative ways
- New alliances to form a broader support network with other teams working on similar projects
- The opportunity to step back from typical workplaces and meeting spaces, creating an environment conducive to creativity and breakthrough ideas
More information about eLab Accelerator faculty is available on the Faculty page.
Who should attend?
Project teams comprise 4–6 people from different organizations working together on a common problem or towards a common goal. Teams should be oriented around one of three themes:
- New Business Models: New utility business models, electricity pricing structures, and regulatory reform efforts focused on distributed energy resource (DER) issues
- Energy Innovation Districts: Demonstration projects, microgrids, downtown clean energy zones, and other localized projects to integrate and test innovative DER solutions
- New Customer Solutions: Customer engagement programs, innovative financing, strategies for low-income populations, or other initiatives to support clean DER adoption by customers
More information about eLab Accelerator projects and teams is available on the Teams page.