Jeruld (Jerry) Weiland is Managing Director at RMI, where he leads research and collaboration activities for the Transportation practice. He brings 30 years of global automotive industry experience in engineering, manufacturing, finance, planning, and program management – and joined RMI in May ‘14. Jerry’s current practice focus areas include, Electric Vehicle Transformation – propulsion/light-weighting, Reinventing Fire–China Transportation, and Urban/Suburban Mobility Solutions.
Prior to joining RMI in May 2014, Jerry spent 30 years with General Motors, largely engaged in its international operations. He worked extensively in all major operational disciplines and lived and worked 9 years in Europe (Sweden/Germany/Switzerland) and 3 years in Asia (China/Korea). Throughout his career Jerry has been engaged in global programs and operations, including the GM launch going into Sweden (Saab) in 1991, the lead team into China (GM/SAIC) in the early 1990’s (and working with GM China programs for over 20 years), as well as global programs with Australia, Korea, Eastern Europe, Latin America, and ASEAN. Jerry has perpetually found his way into leading innovative new technology, market, and business models including Urban Mobility, Youth Markets, the Internet (e-GM), Hydrogen Fuel Cell commercialization, and most recently Battery Electric Vehicles.
- BS(‘81)/MS(‘83) Engineering Management –Missouri Science & Technology
- MBA (2000) – MIT Sloan School of Management – Sloan Fellows Program
Selected RMI Projects
- Reinventing Fire – China: Transportation
- Auto-Composite Light-Weighting
- Urban Leaps
- Homer Energy: Board of Advisors
- Mosaic Consulting – Intellectual Venture Capital: Start-Up Collaborator
- African Soup: Ugandan Orphanage School and Community Development