Leia Guccione is a consultant with RMI's electricity and industrial practices, and is focusing on industrial operations, industrial ecosystems, and solar PV systems. Leia joined RMI in 2012.
Prior to joining RMI, Leia served as a nuclear-trained Surface Warfare Officer in the United States Navy from 2004 to 2012. As an officer in the Navy, Leia served aboard the USS PEARL HARBOR (LSD 52), an amphibious Marine-transport ship, and the aircraft carrier USS RONALD REAGAN (CVN 76). She also served as a training manager for Commander Naval Air Forces – Pacific (COMNAVAIRPAC), where she provided training and strategy support for the five Pacific-based aircraft carriers in the US fleet. In addition to her experience as a Naval Officer, Leia has worked for the Ames Electric Power Plant as an engineering assistant and for Halliburton Energy Services as a Field Technology Intern. She has also worked for Black and Veatch Corporation as an Alternative Energy Consultant. As an undergraduate, she conducted research on biodiesel for her university professors, and served as the business manager for the Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE) Formula One Team Ethanol-Project racecar.
- Iowa State University, Bachelor of Science, Mechanical Engineering and Political Science, 2004
- Naval Nuclear Power Training Command and Nuclear Power Training Unit, Charleston, SC – Certified Nuclear Operator, 2007
- U.S. Green Building Council, LEED® Green Associate
- Kaua’i Island Utility Cooperative. 2005. Renewable Energy Technology Assessments. Hawaii.
- Leia serves as the Chair-Elect for the Society of Women Engineers (SWE) National K-12 Outreach Committee where she leads the development and execution of society-wide initiatives to promote young women’s interest in engineering.