Matt is an Associate with RMI’s Buildings Practice, where he is working to drive deep energy savings across the country’s ageing building stock. He specializes in building science, mechanical engineering, and project management.
Matt joins RMI with years of energy engineering experience in the field and in the office.
Prior to joining RMI, Matt worked for Clark Energy Group (CEG) as a senior associate, where he served as a technical analyst and a development project manager for building retrofit projects in the public and private sectors. His work at CEG ranged from energy modeling and data logging to subcontractor management and project scoping for projects in commercial office buildings, retail grocery stores, and residential buildings.
Before working for CEG, Matt worked as a residential energy auditor for the Local Energy Alliance Program (LEAP) in Charlottesville, VA.
- Bachelor of Science, summa cum laude, Mechanical Engineering, University of Virginia
- Association of Energy Engineers, Certified Energy Manager® (CEM)
- Building Performance Institute, Building Analyst (BA)
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) 10-Hour Certification
- American Society of Heating, Refrigeration, and Air Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE)
- Association of Energy Engineers
- Tau Beta Pi, Engineering Honor Society
- Pi Tau Sigma, Mechanical Engineering Honor Society