- The types of personal information Rocky Mountain Institute collects about you through its websites;
- How it collects that information;
- The general purposes for which it collects such information;
- The choices and means by which individuals may limit its use and disclosure.
Empowering You to Choose
- Whether and how certain personal information you provide is used (where such use is unrelated to the uses for which you originally disclosed it); and
- Whether and the manner in which a third party uses certain personal information you provide (where such use is unrelated to the uses for which you originally disclosed it).
Assuring you That Rocky Mountain Institute
- Takes reasonable precautions to protect personal information from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction;
- Implements reasonable policies and procedures to ensure that personal information is kept only for the purposes for which it has been gathered;
- Uses reasonable measures to ensure that we have accurately and completely recorded the personal information you have provided; and
- Provides you reasonable access to your personal information as well as procedures for correcting or modifying that information where appropriate.
Information About Rocky Mountain Institute
Rocky Mountain Institute is a nonprofit organization based in Old Snowmass, Colorado, United States. Our principal activity is environmental research and consulting. Modern information and communication technologies play a fundamental role in the activities of Rocky Mountain Institute.
Rocky Mountain Institute
2317 Snowmass Creek Road
Old Snowmass, Colorado 81654
Providing Visitors With Anonymous Access
You can access our website home page, www.rmi.org, and browse our site without disclosing your personal data.
Automatic Collection of Information
Data Collection and Purpose Specification
We collect the personal data that you may volunteer while filling out a donation form or shopping in our on-line bookstore. We do not collect information about our visitors from other sources, such as public records or bodies, or private organizations. We may collect and use the personal data for the purposes of thanking our donors for their contribution over the website and recording our bookstore website sales.
We do not knowingly collect personal information from children. We do not provide information about our personal data practices in relation to children on our home page, or at those pages on our website where we collect personal data.
Disclosure and Visitor Choice
We do not disclose your personal data to other organizations.
Confidentiality and Security
We give you the option of using a secure transmission method to send us the following types of personal data:
- Primary personal data (such as name and contact details); and
- Identifiers (such as credit card details).
We have implemented security policies, rules, and technical measures to protect the personal data that we have under our control from: unauthorized access, improper use or disclosure, unauthorized modification, unlawful destruction, and accidental loss.
All our employees and data processors who have access to, and are associated with the processing of personal data are obliged to respect the confidentiality of our visitors’ personal data. We ensure that your personal data will not be disclosed to state institutions and authorities except if required by law or other regulation.
Access to Personal Data
You can ask us whether we are keeping personal data about you, by sending an email to email@example.com or by calling (970) 927-3851. We will provide you with a readable copy of the personal data that we keep about you within a week (although we may require proof of your identity), and we will provide the information without any charge. We allow you to challenge the data that we hold about you and, where appropriate, you may request that the data be deleted. We reserve the right to refuse to provide our visitors with a copy of their personal data, but, if asked, we will give reasons for our refusal.
Privacy Compliance and Support